Anybody live in Cambridge area?

Gentle Parenting UK Forums Hertfordshire, Essex & Cambridgeshire Anybody live in Cambridge area?

This topic contains 74 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by avatar Emma 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Busylizzie
    Participant

Hi, I would love to meet some new gentle parenting friends based in the Cambridge area. Is there anybody out there??

Tori
    Participant

Hello! I’m from just north of Cambridge. Where are you based?

Hopefully, more locals will turn up soon. Maybe they all have Yahoo accounts…

cboast
    Participant

Hello. I live in central Cambridge and would be happy to meet with other local gentle parents :)

Caitlin

Tori
    Participant

Woohoo! We have three people in the Cambridge area! That’s almost a party ;-) And who knows how many more may join the thread…

Where’s good to meet in central Cambridge? With a non-stop 13 month old, when in town I tend to end up in Livingstones (because of the play corner and scones), the Botanic Garden, or the play area on the corner of Christ’s Pieces.

But as I don’t live in Cambridge itself, I may well be tragically unaware of better haunts for local gentle parents.

kem
    Participant

Hi everyone

I am east of Cambridge – about 10miles out :)

Busylizzie
    Participant

Hi everyone! It’s great to have some replies. I’m Liz and I live in north Cambridge. I have a son who’s nearly three and a daughter who’s 1, so I definitely have my hands full! Yes, Tori, I agree that Livingstone’s is the best place for meeting indoors – there’s just nowhere else with the space for kids to run around. Botanic Gardens is also good though, so I’d be up for meeting there if the weather was sunny – maybe for a picnic?

katie2012
    Participant

Hi all, I’m also just north of cambridge and would love to meet up too :-)

Emma
    Participant

<i>Hi,</i>

I’m south of Cambridge and have a 1 year old daughter and would also like to meet some like minded folks.

Emma.

Tori
    Participant

Right, it looks as though no-one else is going to come out of the woodwork for the moment, although hopefully they will in due course!

If the town centre is easiest for everyone to get to, shall we try meeting up in Livingstones initially? This has the advantage of having no entry fee for those of us who might be on a tighter budget.

Generally, my daughter’s down to one nap a day now, in the late morning, so afternoons are probably better for me. Mondays or Fridays are best, but I could do other days if a majority of us finds another day more convenient.

Any thoughts?

Emma
    Participant

A monday afternoon at Livingstones works well for me as my little one also naps late morning.

Emma :)

katie2012
    Participant

Afternoons are good for me too, my little one is another late morning napper :-)

Tori
    Participant

Well, Emma and Katie, it looks like it might just be us for the moment.

How about next Monday afternoon at  3pm at Livingstones? Or, failing that, the Monday after that? (2nd or 9th June)

Emma
    Participant

I can make it Monday 9th. :)

katie2012
    Participant

Yes that sounds good, I can do 9th too :-)

Tori
    Participant

Excellent. We have a plan. See you both next Monday. And anyone else who finds out they can make it too, obviously!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website doesn't support your outdated browser

Download a more stable and secure one here

Thank You