- Please do not submit, post, or otherwise make available to or through the Website any information that:
- is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, harmful, tortious, libellous, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- infringes or violates any party’s copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, or other proprietary right;
- contains any worms, viruses, or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files, code, or programs;
- includes any unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, spam, junk mail, or any other type of unsolicited mass email to people or entities that have not agreed to be part of such mailings; or that you do not have the right to submit, post, disseminate, or transmit use the Website in any way to:
- impersonate any person or entity; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; intentionally omit, delete, forge, or misrepresent transmission information, including headers, return mailing, and Internet protocol addresses; or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any content that you submit or transmit through the Website;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real-time exchanges;
- interfere with, disrupt, or harm in any way the Site or servers or networks connected to the Website;
- electronically stalk or otherwise harass another user;
- engage in any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to collecting and distributing information about other users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law; or
- Please do not use the Website in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, or any rules or guidelines established by GentleParenting.
User Rights and Responsibilities
Please bear in mind that all of the material you read in our Discussion Forum comes from other members. GentleParenting will try and monitor where possible but will not always be able to verify the information posted by our members. The comments, opinions, and statements posted on our bulletin boards and chats reflect the views of each individual User and does not reflect the views of GentleParenting. The information posted on our forums, and live chats, including comments on articles, advice and opinions, is the sole responsibility of those members who create the posts. Posts from users may contain medical information that is incorrect or dangerous to you or your children. Please consult your GP or other qualified professional before relying on information you find in the Discussion Forum. If you believe that you have an emergency of any kind, please contact your healthcare provider or dial 999 or your local emergency number for immediate assistance.
GentleParenting and its affiliates assume no responsibility for any consequence relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction you take based on the content available via the Website including the Discussion Forums. You agree to take personal responsibility to evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content on the Website, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of such Content posted in the Discussion Forums. You specifically acknowledge that GentleParenting is not liable for defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of Users or third parties.
You should not utilise such Content as medical or healthcare advice, medical diagnosis or treatment for any individual problem. The information provided is not intended as a substitute for professional advice and services from a qualified healthcare provider. Please seek independent medical advice from your GP or other qualified provider.
We encourage as many people as possible to actively engage in discussion on our Website but we ask that you please be mindful and respectful of all our Users.
Disclosures of abuse
We urge all Users to report anyone disclosing abuse to the appropriate authorities and/or seek professional support and advice. We may also, where appropriate and at our sole discretion, post on the relevant discussion thread, link to appropriate resources ourselves and if we deem necessary, contact the relevant authorities.